Last Modified April 25, 2022
This Privacy Notice describes how Paytm Labs, 1 Richmond St (W), Toronto, ON M5H 3W4, and our affiliates (collectively, “Paytm,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) collect, use, disclose, transfer, store, retain or otherwise process your information when you (“you,” “your”) download the Paytm App through a relevant app store, sign up for a Paytm account, or use our services through the app or online (collectively, “Platforms”) at pi.paytm.com(collectively, “Services”).
Information We Collect
Personal Information We Collect When You Access the Services
We collect information from you when you use the Services, contact or interact with us, and voluntarily provide us with your comments and other content in connection with using the Services. We collect information you provide when you apply or sign up for a Paytm account, complete our identity or account verification process, authenticate your account, communicate with us, answer our surveys, participate in contests or promotions offered by us or our partners, or otherwise use our Services.
Depending on the Services that you use, this information may include:
- Personal Data. Demographic and other personal information, such as a name, email address, contact details including phone number, or occupation/principal business, address, job title and name of the company, IP address, actions made on the Paytm platform, and mobile device information (if accessing Paytm through a mobile device)
- Login Data. Data relating to your login credentials, such as your username, password, and authentication credentials (for example, information you use to log in to your Paytm account).
- Location Information. In order to provide certain Services, we may require access to location information, including precise geolocation information collected from your device. If you do not consent to collection of this information, certain Services will not function properly and you will not be able to use those Services. You can stop our collection of location information at any time as described in the Your Choices section below.
Personal Information You Provide to Enhance Your Experience
You can choose to provide us with additional information to improve your user experience when using our Services:
- Other Information You Provide. We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including survey responses; participation in contests, or other prospective marketing forms or devices; suggestions for improvements; referrals; or any other actions you perform on the Services.
Personal Information We Collect From Your Use of our Services
We collect information about you and the devices you use to access the Services, such as your computer, mobile phone, or tablet. The information that we collect includes:
- Geolocation Information. The location of your device, including your IP address, device language, and location of your network provider. For more information and to learn how to disable collection of location information from your mobile device, please see Your Choices section below.
- Device Information. Information about your device, including your hardware model, operating system and version, device name, unique device identifier, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. Information about how you use and interact with our Services, including your access time, “log-in” and “log-out” information, browser type and language, country and language setting on your device, IP address, the domain name of your internet service provider, other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system, any specific page you visit on the Platforms, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your use of the Services, your search terms, and the website you visited before you visited or used the Services.
- Inferences. Information drawn from any of the data we collect to create a profile about you that may reflect, for example, your preferences, characteristics, and behavior.
Sources of Information We Collect About You
We collect (and/or have collected during at least the 12-month period preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice) information about you from the following categories of sources:
- You directly, when you submit information to us or allow us to access information
- Your devices and their interaction with our Services
- Our Group Companies or affiliates
- Our vendors and service providers
- Social media and analytics companies
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect for several purposes, including to:
- Provide the Services you have requested
- Administer, improve and personalize your experience on the Platforms
- Measure consumer interest in our Platforms and Services
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your account, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, newsletters, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- Occasionally send you surveys: These surveys ask you for contact information and demographic information (like postal code, age, gender, etc.). We use this data to customize your experience at Paytm, to provide you with content in which we think you might be interested, and to display content according to your preferences.
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Service usage patterns
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Services and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business
- Resolve disputes, troubleshoot concerns and help promote safe Services
- Meet legal, regulatory and self-regulatory requirements
- Enforce our terms and conditions and collect amounts owed to us
How Your Information is Disclosed
- Affiliates and Group Companies
- Service Providers
- Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, financing, liquidation, divestiture, dissolution, or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith, including during due diligence and negotiation of such transactions.
- Safety and Compliance with Law
We may disclose personal information as necessary to prevent, detect, investigate, resolve disputes, and protect you and us against error, fraud and other criminal activity, enforce our terms and conditions, collect amounts owed to us, meet legal, regulatory, self-regulatory, audit, and security requirements, and in other circumstances with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Personal information will be subject to US and foreign legal requirements applicable to us, our affiliates and service providers, which may include lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government and national security agencies in certain circumstances.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies may be used to track your visit to our Platforms and other third party sites in order to serve you with advertisements that are more relevant to you and your inferred interests. Cookies are also used to remember you and your preferences when you visit our site, to track the pages of our site that you visit, limit the number of times you see an advertisement, as well as help to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. Cookies may be placed by us or advertising networks.
- Third-Party Analytics Services
- How Long We Keep Your Information
We generally keep your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. However, even after you deactivate your account, we can retain copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
- Links to Other Websites or Applications
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide our Services.
- Personal Information
You can access, change, or correct information that you have provided by logging into your Paytm account at any time or by making a request to us using the contact details below. We will need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
- Location Information
You can stop our collection of location information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, some of our mobile applications will no longer function. You also may stop our collection of location information via mobile application by following the standard uninstall process to remove Paytm mobile applications from your device.
- Closing Your Account
If you would like to have your account closed permanently, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can opt out of receiving in-app push notifications containing promotional messages from us by following the instructions on screen or by following the instructions in those messages. If you decide to opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications in-app, or via email and text, such as transaction receipts and messages about your account or about our processing of your information in accordance with the provision of our Services.
Information Collected From Other Websites and Mobile Applications and Do Not Track Policy
Your browser or device may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites, web applications, mobile applications, and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and/or across different websites or applications. The Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we or our analytics providers or other third parties with which we are working may collect information about your online activity both during and after your use of the Services.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are only available to customers age 18 and older. If we learn that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Please keep your account password secure to help ensure the safety of your personal information.
While we take reasonable measures to protect the information you submit via the Services against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Services may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Services and take special care in deciding with which information you provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of your personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
If you use the Services outside of the United States, you consent to having your data transferred to the United States.
If you are aware of a security bug, notifying us immediately is in the best interest of all users. For information on how to contact us, please visit [https://bugbounty.paytm.com].
Changes to This Privacy Notice
If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to us at 341 South Main Street, Floor #5 | Salt Lake City, UT | 84111 or email us at email@example.com.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
The Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS 603A.300 et seq.) permit a Nevada consumer to direct an operator of an Internet website or online service to refrain from making any sale of any covered information the operator has collected or will collect about that consumer. If you are a Nevada consumer, you may submit a request pursuant to this directive by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide further information about how we verify the authenticity of the request and your identity.
Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident, you may make one request each year by emailing us at email@example.com, or by writing us at 341 South Main Street, Floor #5 | Salt Lake City, UT | 84111.